Thank you for choosing HotWax! We are a lively team of highly skilled waxologists and skin therapists who are here to provide you with an awesome service during every visit! Here are some tips on how to prepare for your first visit to HotWax!
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent, lasting 4-6 weeks depending on the life cycle of your own natural lashes and other factors. Eyelash extensions have a natural looking curve
What type of Lash do you use at HotWax?
We use Mink lashes including bold mink and silk mink.
Do lash extensions look natural?
The lashes have a natural looking curve, so there is no need to use and eyelash curler. Eyelash Extensions come in various lengths, colors, and thicknesses to create a beautiful and natural look.
Do lash extensions feel natural?
When professionally and properly applied, you cannot feel any difference after having your lashes enhanced with Professional Eyelash Extensions.
Can I resume normal activities with my lashes?
You can shower, swim, or go to the spa.
How long will they last?
They can last up to two months, depending on your own natural eyelash life cycle.
After care for your lashes:
– Avoid using Oil-based products such as Vaseline, oil based eye creams, serums and cleansers.
– Keep your hands off your lashes. Do not rub, pick or pull your lashes. Just as plucking your eyebrow can cause permanent damage to the root causing it not grow back – the same is true for eyelashes.
– Use water-washable mascara instead of waterproof mascara. Although mascara is not needed, if you use it, gently apply water-based mascara only to the tips of your lash extensions. As an option, consider using Max2 Volume Up Mascara which is specifically formulated for lash extensions.
– Avoid cotton swabs when cleansing your lash line. Always use a sponge applicator or a micro swab which can gently sweep across the base of your lashes without leaving behind trace fibers.
– After using cleansers, when your lashes are wet from the shower, always pat them dry – avoid rubbing them with your towel.
– Are you a side sleeper? To avoid rubbing your eyes too aggressively on your pillow while sleeping, you may want to consider purchasing a Save My Face Pillow which provides support to your neck and head while freeing the space around your eyes to prevent wrinkling and damage to your lashes.
*Eyelash extensions add extra weight to your natural eyelash so any additional weight or stress from perming, curling or tinting should be avoided.
*Come your lash daily with a simple disposable mascara wand!